Subscribe:

Labels

Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Birth of VocaRant

While writing at Engloids.Info I sometimes find myself feeling a bit limited by both its scope, limited to Engloids only, and by my own editorial policies. I find myself second guessing myself and writing in a more formal, less abrasive style, than I normally would. I wanted to blog more, I wanted a departure from Engloids.Info, yet I still wanted it to be Vocaloid.

I had considered a Wordpress but that again was too close to Engloids.Info, I was thinking of becoming a hipster and creating a Tumblr but I wanted a long-form blog and I already have Twitter for my short-form musings. LJ was definitely out since that place went the way of the MySpace and stopped being relevant years ago. In the end it seemed Blogger was my only option.

With my blogging platform chosen all I needed next was a theme and subdomain. I was looking for a synonym for the word "talk" on Meriam-Webster when the word "rant" just stuck to me. I know I often find myself ranting on VO and since I already knew I wanted to talk about Vocaloid I just mashed the two ords together and thus "VocaRant" was born.

What is VocaRant?
VocaRant is my general purpose Vocaloid/UTAU themed blog where I discuss various aspects of the software, voicebanks, artists, themes, and fandom. Sometimes I will rant, other times I will muse, and when I find something I absolutely must share and I can't find anyone to talk to on Skype about it I will probably post it here. I will rant, I will rave, I will review, and I will try my best to be genuine.

Who is Hentai?
Hentai is my new common internet handle. It was originally meant to be a joke, but somewhere along the way it became SRS BZNS and just stuck with me. I am the Executive Editor at Engloids.Info, a moderator on UtaForum, regular at VocaloidOtaku, and all around nice guy.

Why Hentai?
While I am not terribly perverted most of the time the name comes from my time as an admin on HentaiTraders and how I was first introduced to manga scanlation by doing cleaning/typesetting for random hentai doujinshi.

What is Otakune Weeaboo?
Otakune Weeaboo is my UTAU. If you don't know what an UTAU is Wikipedia can probably explain it better than I can. It is a vocal synthesis program much like Vocaloid except it allows you to record and create your own voicebanks.

Otakune Weeaboo for his excellent Japanese he is a private, completed, voicebank and if I blog about UTAU much here I will probably namedrop him from time to time. If you are interested in him then take a look at his wiki entry or my YouTube for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment